Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Selfscape

PROJECT ASSIGNMENT: Create a selfscape 
I took an abstract approach to this assignment. We had to incorporate specific things that we learned about ourselves through a self-evaluation quiz we took in class. We had to include our favorite color, mine is blue, our favorite animal, mine is a giraffe, and our favorite shape, mine is the lightning bolt figure. I also added other elements to my drawing. The shapes outlined in brown are the spots on a giraffe. The blue circles not only represent my favorite color but also my blue eyes. I put a lot of pattern in the spots because I love mix and matching patterns which alludes to my desire to be an interior architect. There is a tree in the background that represents the love I have for my family and the flowing branches represent my curls. My professor really enjoyed my piece because I took a completely different approach than anyone else and he loved that it looked like it was from a different culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment